Finished reading The Blue Lotus, and was reading up on Herge and his interesting history with racism. These are some excellent essays:
Tintin in Otherland by Alex Buchet
This is unrelated to Tintin, but Nadim Damluji’s essay about the orientalism in Craig Thompson’s Habibi is also excellent and sums up my thoughts about it more eloquently than I ever could in my own words.
- madonnawithlion likes this
- gogglesque reblogged this from theyoungdoyley and added:
- lucya likes this
- ofminorstature likes this
- marimorganmiller likes this
- justsomemonkey likes this
- princeoftheuniverse likes this
- gateau-chocolat said: Thanks for the links! I’ve been reading Tintin since I was a little kid and obviously I’ve been aware of the racist stuff, but I hadn’t read anything that analyzed it such detail before. Really interesting!
- gogglesque likes this
- oddharmonics likes this
- goodness-gives-extras reblogged this from theyoungdoyley and added:
- nonesie likes this
- theyoungdoyley posted this